Translate

Sunday, March 8, 2015

Why Is Glenn Beck Trashing Ben Carson?

I would like to start by saying I have listened to Glenn Beck a lot. I Agree with most of what he says, but I have noticed a trend about his stance on homosexuality. He might have always had this stance and I am just starting to see it, but now my eyes are opened. He thinks gay people are born that way, which I believe goes against the Bible. I don't think God would make it so that you can't choose not to sin. We all have enough problems with sin. So now we go back to the topic at hand: why is he trashing Ben Carson?  Beck said Carson’s explanation, that “a lot of people who go into prison, go into prison straight — and when they come out, they’re gay,” sounded like it came from a “10-year-old.” Beck also said it isn’t just that “he didn’t see it coming,” but that he “thought that was a good answer.” Beck said if he was at a cocktail party and someone said homosexuality is a choice because people go to prison and come out gay, he would say “that’s the dumbest thing I ever heard.”  Why?  “Goodbye to his presidential career. It’s over,” Beck said, asking where Carson found such a statistic to support his claim. “There’s no way to recover from that.”Now I am in no way a Ben Carson support for president I think there are better choices but I also don't think we should be tearing him down for saying what he believes. It is what Beck and his buddies have asked for, someone who would not tap dance around the topics. Besides, if Beck truly follows the Bible. it's pretty clear what it says about homosexual acts. 

1 Timothy 1:8-11New American Standard Bible (NASB)


But we know that the Law is good, if one uses it lawfully, realizing the fact that law is not made for a righteous person, but for those who are lawless andrebellious, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers 10 [a]and [b]immoral men [c]andhomosexuals [d]and kidnappers [e]and liars [f]and perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching, 11 according to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, with which I have been entrusted.

This is why I believe it is a choice and they are choosing sin. Now I am not perfect either, but I choose to recognize my sin and repent for it. That is the difference. I think Carson might be along those same beliefs. So if Ben Carson said it is a choice because God says its a sin and you choose sin, what would Glenn Beck have said then? Is that the dumbest thing he's ever heard? I don't hate anybody, and I am not trying to seem harsh or judgmental I love as I am commanded by God and his Word. That means I care and want people to receive Christ as their Savior, and I am not talking about forcing them. Just share the Good Word and let them choose.

For the full article follow the link:
Theblaze